Chicken & Waffle Sliders
- 4 Golden Malted Waffles
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- Hot sauce
- For maple butter: Combine ¼ cup of pure maple syrup and 1 stick salted butter (softened) in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature until ready to use.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a deep fryer.
- Season the chicken tenders on both sides with salt and pepper. Whisk flour and garlic powder together in a medium casserole dish. Add buttermilk to a second casserole dish, and the panko to a third casserole dish.
- Dredge the seasoned tenders through the flour, the buttermilk, and then the panko.
- Add chicken to the deep fryer and fry for 4 minutes, until golden brown and crisp, and an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Prepare waffle batter as directed on the back of packaging. Cook the waffles according to the directions for your Gourmet Waffle Baker.
- To assemble, cut each waffle into quarters. Sandwich 1 piece of friend chicken between waffle pieces slathered with maple butter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!