Get Ready for Fall with Maple Bacon Waffles
Maple Bacon Waffles
- 1 cup of Golden Malted Original Waffle and Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 5 oz. water
- 2 tsps melted butter
- 3 tsps maple extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (for candied bacon)
- Black pepper
with Maple Whipped Cream & Candied Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place bacon slices on cooling rack set over a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon and brush both sides with brown sugar mixture. Return bacon to the oven and bake another 5 minutes. Repeat basting every 5 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut up into small pieces.
- Set aside until its time to mix up the batter.
- Combine sugar, 1 tsp maple extract and whipping cream.
- Beat in mixer (or with a whisk) until stiff peaks form.
- Refrigrate until you are ready to top your waffle.
- Beat egg, water and 2 tsps maple extract together
- Add Golden Malted Original Waffle and Pancake Mix and mix well
- Stir in melted butter
- Add chopped candied bacon (and save some to sprinkle overtop)
- Ladle onto hot waffle iron and remove when the outside becomes crispy. We recommend using the Golden Malted Gourmet Waffle Baker - makes perfect waffles every time.
- Top with maple whipped cream and candied bacon pieces and enjoy!
For Candied Bacon:
For Maple Whipped Cream: